An unspoken aspect of responsible pet keeping is knowing when to rehome. Whether you've had changes in housing, finances, or simply lost interest, finding a trustworthy keeper is difficult. Emerald Scales takes in almost any species, size, age and quantity of reptiles, and amphibians from around the USA. Learn more about what we do.
We are expecting to move locations in early 2021. While exciting, we must temporarily downsize as much as possible until then. This means you may purchase an intake kit and begin the process. However, you may not ship your animal to us until early 2021. Get updates by email.
First, purchase our "Intake Kit" on the bottom of this page. We mail you everything needed to ship your animal and email you details on when, how and where to ship.
Then, your pet settles in with us. Once any necessary rehabilitation is done, they will be available on Emerald Scales.
Finally, future owners are verified 1-on-1 to ensure every animal goes to a suitable keeper.
Animals with mites, ticks or contagious diseases.
Extremely malnourished animals that may not survive shipping.
Mammals, iguanas, venomous snakes, or species illegal to own in North Carolina.
Animals with medical emergencies.
Animals that have recently been wild caught, unless captive raised, or considered to be long-term captive.
Emerald Scales does not trade or purchase animals with/from any keeper or breeder.
We do allow all other terrestrial and aquatic reptiles and amphibians.
If you choose to cancel the process or do not follow the above instructions, we will refund 90% of your order. The remaining 10% covers transaction and management fees.
IF WE HAVE ALREADY SENT SUPPLIES OR A LABEL, WE CANNOT REFUND any amount.
Begin the process
View details below to begin.